PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu App Showdown

AllRadioisDead
June 18th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Well, I have limited programming experience and I'm working on teaching myself python right now. I'd like to contribute something to the app showdown.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to something small, not too complex that I could create? Preferably something that Ubuntu is lacking.

There are some things suggested on reddit, but I'm not capable of learning to create an ebook manager or media converter in a couple of weeks.

Any suggestions? Anything you'd like to see in Ubuntu? Not necessarily just for me, but any other developers that need ideas for the contest.

SilentMute
June 19th, 2012, 11:00 PM
What I have, for a long time, wanted to see in Ubuntu is a very lite version of the system monitor application. I have a low powered PC, and while I like the information presented on the resources page, it can easily take up to 30% of my CPU just to generate it.

So my suggestion would be a simplified version of that, there are many different things you could do with it, and while it is a little intense ti would be cool to see.

Good luck and hope this helps

--

phibxr
June 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM
What I have, for a long time, wanted to see in Ubuntu is a very lite version of the system monitor application. I have a low powered PC, and while I like the information presented on the resources page, it can easily take up to 30% of my CPU just to generate it.

So my suggestion would be a simplified version of that, there are many different things you could do with it, and while it is a little intense ti would be cool to see.

Good luck and hope this helps

--

It's called 'top' and runs in the terminal. :)