PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] StartUp applicatin problem

mmistroni
June 17th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Hi all
i am trying to startup two applications i have on my Ubuntu laptop at startup time
I went to startup application and entered these two commands:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-oracle/bin/java -jar "/home/marco/javadev/SpringInteg-1.0-SNAPSHOT/SpringInteg-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-oracle/bin/java -jar "/home/marco/javadev/Camel-App/camel-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"

The problem i have is that, when i add the SpringInteg application, and then the CAmelApp, somehow the CamelApp 'overrides' the SpringInteg, and instead of having 2 startup application i have only one.

If i add a startup for CamelApp first, and then SpringInteg, the SpringInteg will override the CAmelApp

I cannot undestand why this is happening. is it because i am starting up both application with same command?

w/kindest regards
marco

MG&TL
June 17th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Can you post a screenshot of your startup applications dialog?

It's a little confusing as to what you are doing, and more information helps us give better advice.

mmistroni
June 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hello
i have problems in getting screenshots here. :(
here's what i do
1 - StartUp Application
2 - Add
3 - Enter a name (Camel App)
4 - Enter the command
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-oracle/bin/java -jar "/home/marco/javadev/Camel-App/camel-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"
5 - Enter a description
6 - Click on 'Add'

I then repeat the same process for the other applicatin (SpringInteg... .jar), and click 'Add'
Both applications shows up in the StartUp Application list of applications starting up

i then close the StartUp application screen.

the next time i re-open the StartUp application Preferences screen, i only see the startup application i have entered last (SpringInteg)

I managed to get around it by adding one of the two app to the /etc/init.d scripts, but i am curious on why i cannot add more than one StartUp application....

anyone could assit?

w/kindest regards
marco

MG&TL
June 17th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I managed to get around it by adding one of the two app to the /etc/init.d scripts, but i am curious on why i cannot add more than one StartUp application....

anyone could assit?

w/kindest regards
marco

No, you couldn't. X hasn't started when init.d starts. I'm assuming these are graphical apps.

Anyway, a possible solution would be to add a third "buffer" start app, which does nothing. Set the command to "echo hello" or something.

mmistroni
June 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hello
no they are not graphical app./ they are two standalone java app , one based on camel and the other based on SpringInteg

will carry on investigating..

for the moment, the camelapp start with init.d (i have created a script) while the springinteg is added to startup app

w./kindest regards
marco