PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation of 12.04 stalls

raj727
June 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm installing 12.04 and I get to a certain stage and then the install stalls.

I'm installing on a SSD in my desktop computer. I had previously started a Windows 7 install but quit part way through after experiencing some problems installing. I then put in a liveCD into my computer to install 64 bit ubuntu 12.04. I tested the operating system and it seemed to work. I then decided to do a complete erase of the SSD and install 12.04

I get to the stage where it detects other files systems and then I get the following warning screen with yes and no buttons:

/dev/sda contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table. However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should. Perhaps it was corrupted - possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables. Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an mdsos partition table. Is this a GBT partition table?

I enter "no" but nothing seems to happen. I also try to close the warning screen but again nothing happens. I have the window, "Where are you?" in the background install with "Detecting files systems" at the bottom of the window but nothing seems to be happening. I can't get to the continue button because the "warning" screen blocks access.

I had previously had 12.04 on this computer before I erased it and tried to install Windows 7.

I can write this on the browswer but can't seem to continue the 12.04 installation.

Any suggestions on how to complete my install?

Solved: I hit yes and it continued the installation.