PDA

View Full Version : learn programming

ubun2warrior
June 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
i want to learn programming..

i have never written a program. i want to write some real software that can be installed on pc or phone, anything to start.

please help

regards and looking forward.

ps: any language, i am ready to learn, java, c, anyhting. i just want to develop some software, small or very small or basic will do,

Barrucadu
June 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Read the stickies.

Tombgeek
June 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Personally, I started programming with Delphi. There is an open-source IDE called Lazarus (which uses the Free Pascal language), which does a really good job of recreating a Delphi-like programming experience (assuming you're not going to work with SQL. The last version I used didn't include SQL components).
Java and C++ are very complicated languages and not recommended for beginner programmers. Free Pascal is very easy to learn (and the syntax is more or less the same as Delphi's Turbo Pascal) and it will provide the guidelines and logical skills needed for more complex languages (especially with object-orientated programming).

Shadius
June 17th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Check this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1998683) as well as reading the stickies. I think your thread and the linked thread should be combined. :)