PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Hotmail support?

Little Bacon
June 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Any mail programs that can give me my Hotmail inbox? Thunderbird has failed me, and I'm not much of a Mozilla fan anyways. Just hoping to find a clean, simple mail program with Hotmail support. After all, I just need to read my mail.

Paqman
June 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM
IIRC Hotmail have finally enabled POP3 access for all users, so you should be able to use any client you like.

How exactly did Thunderbird fail?

Frogs Hair
June 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I have used Tbird to access Hotmail on the last two releases . Is there an account set up problem?

philinux
June 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I have evolution setup to send and receive pop hotmail.

http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/setting-up-evolution-mail-gmail-and-hotmail/

I think I used the above settings back eons ago.

haqking
June 16th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I dont know if it is related. However I use Tbird to access 4 hotmail accounts amongst many others. The only problems i have ever had was with hotmail accounts. Using Kopete to talk to some msn buddies was also an issue, in the end i discovered that by making the password less than 12 characters that kopete would then connect, as a result the issues with tbird dissappeared also. I changed my passwords on those accounts back to the 30 + chr and again there was issues, i changed back to sub 12 chr and all issues dissapeared.

So for my Hotmail/MSN accounts which are not important anyways i use less than 12 chrs and i now get no issues.

YMMV however and may be a separate issue.

Peace

Little Bacon
June 20th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Tried it again and it worked after saying it failed to log in. (Strange)
Before it just failed over and over and told me I had an invalid account or it couldn't establish a connection with the POP3 server.

Thank you for the input, everything is liquid now.

na5h
June 20th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I can confirm that neither Thunderbird nor my Android phone can connect to my Hotmail account if the password is too long. Changing the password to a shorter one solved the problem for me!

haqking
June 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I can confirm that neither Thunderbird nor my Android phone can connect to my Hotmail account if the password is too long. Changing the password to a shorter one solved the problem for me!

Cool glad it helped, weird but true ;-)

Peace

haqking
June 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Tried it again and it worked after saying it failed to log in. (Strange)
Before it just failed over and over and told me I had an invalid account or it couldn't establish a connection with the POP3 server.

Thank you for the input, everything is liquid now.

Cool, remember to mark the thread as solved using thread tools.

Cheers