PDA

View Full Version : Hoary Backport: Firefox 1.0.1

jdong
March 15th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Synopsis
This is the first backport for Hoary. It seems like fate has locked in a dated firefox into Ubuntu AGAIN ;) . Firefox 1.0.1 fixes IDN spoofing and adds other bugfixes, too. Enjoy!

Backporting Process
The source archive directly came from Debian Sid. Hoary is now under a freeze, so I couldn't get this latest version from Hoary!

Packaging Status:
i386 -- Staging at revision 82
amd64 -- Not packaged
ppc -- Not packaged

Beta tester notes:
Watch locales...

jdong
March 15th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hoary has just received Firefox 1.0.1, officially. It safely and cleanly overrides this backport, and as a result, the backport will be removed shortly from the repositories.

mseney
March 15th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Hoary has just received Firefox 1.0.1, officially. It safely and cleanly overrides this backport, and as a result, the backport will be removed shortly from the repositories.

Yay, finally!!!(Going to upgrade to this tonight)

mseney
March 16th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Okay maybe I'm just silly but I just discovered a neat feature of Firefox. If you are like me and visit the same websites daily and have like 5 tabs open you can go to Tools -> Options -> General & select "Use Current Pages". Notice the s on Pages. Now when you open firefox, those tabs you had open are your new homepages and all the tabs load up. This is just awesome. Now two of my co-workers are going home tonight and downloading firefox. Way to go!

jdong
March 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm, never noticed that. Personally, I use the TabBrowser extensions, which provide that save-tabs-on-logout capability with more friendliness.