forsubhi
June 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I have this error

subhi@subhi-pc:~$ desktop4shared
Guessing JAVA_HOME...
Assuming JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64
Starting desktop4shared...
19:59:43 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO Initialize - UI Initialized in 215
19:59:49 [main] ERROR common.GlobalExceptionHandler - Uncaught exception in thread [main] : the number of constructors during runtime and compile time for groovy.util.FactoryBuilderSupport do not match. Expected 3 but got 2
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: the number of constructors during runtime and compile time for groovy.util.FactoryBuilderSupport do not match. Expected 3 but got 2
at griffon.app.ApplicationBuilder.<init>(ApplicationBuilder.groovy:26) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.app.ApplicationBuilder.<init>(ApplicationBuilder.groovy) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.builder.UberBuilder.uberInit(UberBuilder.g roovy:73) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.CompositeBuilder Helper.handleLocalBuilder(CompositeBuilderHelper.g roovy:86) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.CompositeBuilder Helper$handleLocalBuilder.callStatic(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.CompositeBuilder Helper$_createBuilder_closure1.doCall(CompositeBui lderHelper.groovy:51) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.CompositeBuilder Helper.createBuilder(CompositeBuilderHelper.groovy :50) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.CompositeBuilder Helper$createBuilder.call(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper.buildMVCGroup(GriffonApplicationHelper.gr oovy:233) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper$buildMVCGroup.callStatic(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper.createMVCGroup(GriffonApplicationHelper.g roovy:191) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper$createMVCGroup$0.callStatic(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper.createMVCGroup(GriffonApplicationHelper.g roovy:171) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at org.codehaus.griffon.runtime.util.GriffonApplicati onHelper$createMVCGroup.call(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at griffon.core.BaseGriffonApplication$_startup_closu re2.doCall(BaseGriffonApplication.groovy:178) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.core.BaseGriffonApplication.startup(BaseGr iffonApplication.groovy:177) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.core.GriffonApplication$startup.call(Unkno wn Source) ~[na:na]
at griffon.swing.SwingApplication.startup(SwingApplic ation.groovy) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.core.GriffonApplication$startup.callCurren t(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at griffon.swing.SwingApplication.realize(SwingApplic ation.groovy:61) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]
at griffon.application.StandaloneGriffonApplication$r ealize.call(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
at griffon.swing.SwingApplication.main(SwingApplicati on.groovy:107) ~[griffon-rt-0.9.jar:0.9]

air22
July 9th, 2012, 04:58 PM
i have the same error , anybody can help us?

Breno Cesar
July 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM
yo man !!!

I have this same problem.
The log i got here is just the same that appears to me.....
I send an email for the support of 4shared and for the maintainer of the package...but it's been one month and a half....and...no answer... :(
If anyone get any clue about this, please help....

Seeya !!

Zorael
July 15th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Simply looking at the backtrace, it looks like there's a binary incompatibility with groovy. With some extra linebreaks;

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: the number of constructors
during runtime and compile time for groovy.util.FactoryBuilderSupport
do not match. Expected 3 but got 2

Some quick Googling reveals http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-4802;

[...] this [third] constructor was already deprecated in Groovy 1.6 (in some 1.5.x release).
We kept the deprecation of that constructor in two major releases.
It's indeed only in Groovy 1.8 that we removed that deprecation, and this happened already in June 2010!
I'm not sure we should follow the JDK approach that keeps all the deprecated things forever

You don't mention what Kubuntu release you're running, but the precise repository version of groovy is 2.0.0~beta2+isreally1.8.6-0ubuntu1.

What you want to do is to downgrade it to an earlier (< 1.8) version, such as 1.7 that was released with 11.10 oneiric. The easiest way is to download that package from packages.ubuntu.com (http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/all/groovy/download) and manually install the deb file. (Admittedly you could instead add some oneiric repositories to your apt sources, if you prefer that approach.)

Apologies if this is a bit basic and obvious, but for Googlers who don't know the dance; download the .deb, find it in Dolphin, and double-click it to open up QApt for installation. Or do it from a terminal;

$ sudo dpkg -i /path/to/groovy_1.7.10-2_all.deb

At this point your desktop4shared should work properly -- or at the very least, crash with some other error. ; 3

The next big hurdle is getting package managers to not upgrade the package; there is an update in the precise repositories, after all. They don't always listen to eachothers' settings but the following should be enough;

$ printf 'Package: groovy\nPin: version 1.7*\nPin-Priority: 1001\n' | sudo tee /etc/apt/preferences.d/groovy
$ echo groovy hold | sudo dpkg --set-selections
$ sudo aptitude hold groovy # you may not have aptitude installed, in which case this won't work -- ignore if so

If you're using some other exotic package manager (such as smartd), look to its documentation for hints on how to pin/hold packages. Hopefully it should then stay at 1.7 at package upgrades.

Breno Cesar
July 17th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Yo Zorael !!!!

Thanks for your help man....
I make the downgrade as you sugest and its realy works !!

thanks a lot man !!!..=)...:D

felipemartim
August 11th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Worked for me too, thanks a bunch!

judgeg
October 10th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Groovy!!! thanks its worked here too. Why don't 4Shared update their app to work? Surely there's enough Ubuntu users to comapign for a change?

Cheers

Zorael
October 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Reasons could be that they outsourced the linux tweaks and don't have the knowhow in-house to update it -- or they simply don't care to spend the effort on a minority userbase when they could spend the manhours on their Win/Mac versions.

I'm inclined to think that whatwith the program being written in Java it would be a trivial thing to do, but I'm not an authority on the language. That's assuming they own the source of said linux-specific modifications and are not bound by license to keep their hands off of it.

Sepero
October 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Excellent stuff Zorael. The growth of Linux really depends on intelligent individuals like yourself. This problem affects everyone using Ubuntu 12.04 (and probably 12.10 too). I made a blog post referencing the fix you listed here, in the hopes that it will gain a little more attention and help a few more people. Any further suggestions/corrections are welcome. Cheers
http://seperohacker.blogspot.com/2012/10/solved-4shared-desktop-crashes-on-linux.html

wladypauly
December 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I sent a mail to the devs as far back as September, but no reply came back. I think they just let the matter drop...

cvnmjs
October 13th, 2013, 01:38 PM
just today i tried out desktop4shared 1.3_1 deb pkg on raring.:| the only different thing i did was search thru "muon" for groovy.:-k i decided to install
libgroovy1.7.2-java in addition to the groovy 2 pkg:confused:.
this time, after fixing the missing deps, the application launched! :grin:

if i get some free time i will try removing the above-mentioned pkg & see what effect this has.

also it could be that 4shared updated their application since the last time i tried it.

hope this helps!

cheers.