PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu and Internet connection issues

langwi
June 14th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hello Community,
I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite C655 with the following Intel Celeron, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. For about a week now I cannot use my computer in normal mode with Windows, because it freezes right after I try to log on to my account(I am the both the only user and administrator). Once I type my password, the Windows ''welcome'' will appear on the screen and stay that way indefinitely. However, I am able to get access to the Internet using Windows in safe mode, with all the restricted number of features you can guess( No sound, deactivated antivirus software etc). Because I bought my computer on sale to a store who did not provide with the Windows 7 Home premium CD, I decided lately to install a free version of the operating system Ubuntu and use it until I have the wherewithal to purchase a new laptop, but unfortunately I am not able to get access to the Internet( my service provider is Verizon). I have even called my ISP but nobody could solve this issue. Please, will someone tell me the necessary steps I need to follow in order to get access to the Internet using Ubuntu, which i have never used before. I can see the network logo loading up but I still get the message that Firefox cannot access to the Internet. By the way, if someone can also solve the Windows issue I would be very glad. Thank you very much indeed beforehand to all of you