PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Launcher 12.04 vs 11.10

bojo
June 14th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Hi Guys,

In 11.10 the launcher used to hide when a window is open but when no window is open it stayed displayed. Since I upgraded to 12.04 (and changed the setting) I can not achieve this behavior any more. It will either always hide or it will always stay displayed - constantly. Does anybody know how to revert launcher to 11.10 behavior? Stay displayed when there are no windows open but hide when I push a window close to it or maximize a window.

Thank you,
B

zombifier25
June 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Ubuntu removed the dodge windows feature of Unity in 12.04 completely - which is a stupid decision I may add. Here's the solution to add it back: http://www.webupd8.org/2012/05/how-to-get-dodge-windows-and-minimize.html

bojo
June 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
For some reason this didn't work for me. I did apply the ppa and the ccm compiz control manager. The behavior was - in ubuntu 2D it was unable to dodge. (just normal hide and show all the time). While in ubuntu normal - it wouldn't start at all. After removing completely the ppa and ccm it didn't fix the ubuntu normal login. At this time I reverted to backup of the partitition - I guess it was me panicking. As it didnt fix it either I did check the home folder - another account - that I haven't used before was ok. Next step was unity reset that cleared the issues and I was able to login to both 2D and ubuntu normal.

I agree - the dodge function missing is quite a disappointment. I am hesitant however to try the patch again. While a major nuicanse (the lack of dodge) it is more important for the machine to work well - there are too many things that are on a bundle with it - in particular - this is a main desktop (no backup), server in VM and win 7 - also in VM.

Thank you for the help any way.

B