PDA

View Full Version : my wish

ringo28
June 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM
after i had a bad system when kde installed i installed unity for good to stay tryin to learn it.

but the further version i have a wishlist.

1. a parent control like Gnome nanny.. win7 has standard one, why unity not got a good value of OS.
2. more costumizeble, personal unity isn much customisble.., so not so open in feeling.
3. voor the RT2800 driver ralink such as my TP-link let it work out of the box.., by every update i must change .. thats worse..., it has de driver but it dont work automaticaly....
4. the unity menu works mayby fast, but i prefer such as menu like Cinnamon... unity menu, is to commercial, gives links from ubuntu software center... en thats not good for perfomance? with cinnamon menu you can even fast switching....

josephmills
June 13th, 2012, 06:44 PM
after i had a bad system when kde installed i installed unity for good to stay tryin to learn it.

but the further version i have a wishlist.

1. a parent control like Gnome nanny.. win7 has standard one, why unity not got a good value of OS.

set up permissions

2. more costumizeble, personal unity isn much customisble.., so not so open in feeling.

Join us on Users days
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
I think that there is someone teaching about Unity ;)

3. voor the RT2800 driver ralink such as my TP-link let it work out of the box.., by every update i must change .. thats worse..., it has de driver but it dont work automaticaly....

this has nothing to do with Unity call /write ralink and tell them to open there software.

4. the unity menu works mayby fast, but i prefer such as menu like Cinnamon... unity menu, is to commercial, gives links from ubuntu software center... en thats not good for perfomance? with cinnamon menu you can even fast switching....

Install cinnamon then.

Hope this helps let us know if you need help with any of this
Joseph

3Miro
June 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM
On 4, try the indicator classic menu:

http://www.techlw.com/2012/05/install-classic-menu-indicator-in.html

on 3, the problem is with ralink, there is absolutely nothing that anyone in the Linux community can do to fix a closed proprietary driver.

cariboo
June 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
This really isn't a support thread, moved to the Cafe.