PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] drives and pen drive not reading

ashwani kumar sharma
June 13th, 2012, 06:23 AM
i am using ubuntu 11.10 and had an windows xp along side on other drive but then my xp got curropt and i formated the drive and installed xp on same partition on which there was xp only before hence i lost my ubuntu grub........ now after reading forums and surfing net i got my ubuntu grub back by using live cd but problem is that now my ubuntu is not showing my other drive which contains data its a 100 gb drive in ntfs format and also my ubuntu is not reading any pen drives in usb can any one help me here to solve my problem pls

wilee-nilee
June 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Try booting a ubuntu live cd and see if the usb devices are seen.

Use gparted as well in the ubuntu and the live cd install to see if they are seen, and if there is any information in the right click information on any showing there.

ashwani kumar sharma
June 17th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Try booting a ubuntu live cd and see if the usb devices are seen.

Use gparted as well in the ubuntu and the live cd install to see if they are seen, and if there is any information in the right click information on any showing there.
i have tried live cd and it shows only my windows drive fat file system and rest as "unallocated space"

ashwani kumar sharma
July 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
i have tried live cd and it shows only my windows drive fat file system and rest as "unallocated space"
is there any one to reply anybody who knows the solution i am waiting