PDA

View Full Version : How do I get ABC streaming TV programs running on Ubuntu (firefox & Opera)

RAV TUX
June 20th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Is it possible? if so how so?

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Compucore
June 20th, 2006, 03:44 AM
They are stricltly for windows 98 or for MAC OSX only. There is no other media player available for them Did you check the need help section to see if it is available for ubuntu and for the players under that. I took a quick peak to see why. Its only available for those two formats.

Compucore

chiefofthejojos
June 21st, 2006, 12:07 AM
It's possible, but not pretty. I was able to watch Lost using wine to install windows firefox and then install the shockwave flash extension.

RAV TUX
June 21st, 2006, 12:35 AM
It's possible, but not pretty. I was able to watch Lost using wine to install windows firefox and then install the shockwave flash extension.

Thanks this is the 411 I was looking for.

I read a news article about how Apple and Windows are working togther behind the scenes now I understand why, to close the door on Linux. This should be illegal.

H.E. Pennypacker
June 29th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks this is the 411 I was looking for.

I read a news article about how Apple and Windows are working togther behind the scenes now I understand why, to close the door on Linux. This should be illegal.

Talk to me. Where'd you hear this and what exactly did you hear? Microsoft and Apple working together...the world must be coming to an end. That's a scary sight, because this world is already lacking enough popular operating systems, for them to become too friendly would likely hurt the current state of operating systems. I am not being dramatic...I am not saying they're best buddies....just thinking.

wmcbrine
June 29th, 2006, 06:43 PM
The only company that needs to be blamed for this is Adobe, for not releasing Flash 8 for Linux, and for keeping others from implementing it. And maybe ABC, for going exclusively with Flash video... but it's hard to blame them for that, because it really does work quite well.

We do have native FLV players, if you could somehow get at the raw FLV clips.

minden
June 29th, 2006, 07:00 PM
would you really want to watch those shows though?

rosegarden78
January 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
It's so easy! What took me so long to realize?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=679165

Just use the FIrefox 2.0 for Windows in WINE! :KS