PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] BUG or JUST a MISCONFIG...?

Gelai
June 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hi to Ubuntu Team,, =)

I would like raise my experience in Ubuntu.

I am quite a Ubuntu User for 2years but not that so into it, until this year. Since April 2012, i wanted to setup Ubuntu OS in my laptop as Follows;

*Linux-generic-pae = Enabled - But when I try to Install AMD Radeon under Pae Kernel, it wont able to take me in the System.

*ATI/AMD Radeon =Installed before upgrading to generic pae is also not working it always brings me to terminal.

*RTL8187 Usb Wirelss Adapter - Is this really not working on Ubuntu 11.10 as an AP/Ad-hoc under 3.0.0-12 kernel.?
I am using a tunnel connection via my onboard wi-fi (Broadcom) and I wanted to Share-it wirelessly through USB Wireless antenna (RTL8187). I tried this under 3.4 kernel and it works, it also works under PAE, but still my ATI DOnt work at all..

There you go.. That 3-Kinds of Setup is what I Wanted to do on my UBUNTU, but I cannot or may be I dont have a luck to set thid up without any problems. I want to have it all in one Ubuntu OS.. Do you Have any idea for this..? is this a BUG or i just need to do a configuration to make this thing work..?

Thank U very Ubuntu Dev's and Best Regards,

Gelai
June 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
no one knows any solution or idea? this is gonna be my second post that doesn't have any response...