PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nagio's installation.

sbhayyal
June 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hi, I want to install Nagio's,in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS,please could you help me in this regard with step by step procedure! Thanks,

N0oki3
June 8th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello there. I have installed my nagios on CentOS server. So there are quite (well quite small diffrences in commands) I recommend you to read and follow this guide http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-ubuntu.html

The installation is not hard, but you will have to underastand how and why at creating parameters aka services for your monitoring. Also if you want to monitor other server you will have to install and confgiure nrpe on the server.

If you are going to be stuck on any step, feel free to ask in this topic.

I also recommend you not to use sudo apt-get install nagios in my case. Nagios didn't worked as it should and i had to reinstall it via source

psyllex
January 1st, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hello there. I have installed my nagios on CentOS server. So there are quite (well quite small diffrences in commands) I recommend you to read and follow this guide http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-ubuntu.html

The installation is not hard, but you will have to underastand how and why at creating parameters aka services for your monitoring. Also if you want to monitor other server you will have to install and confgiure nrpe on the server.

If you are going to be stuck on any step, feel free to ask in this topic.

I also recommend you not to use sudo apt-get install nagios in my case. Nagios didn't worked as it should and i had to reinstall it via source

I'm having trouble getting Nagios up and running. So do I install the main Nagios installation on the server I wish to monitor? Or the desktop that I will be monitoring from. Again do I install NRPE on the monitored server or the desktop? I've installed it about 4 times now and I'm just about as confused as I was when I started. So I would really appreciate any assistance. Thanks.