PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded corrupted copy of 12.04

emmanux
June 8th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hey, guys, Wubi is complaining about different md5, and integrity check gave me "1 file corrupted".
I downloaded from:
mirror01.th.ifl.net/releases//precise/ubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso
It doesn't install.

I'm too out of this, but want to help others, reporting it. I don't know how to contact the right people of Cannonical to tell them about this. Please, you inform them about this.

lisati
June 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM
A coupple of items to check: did you download the ISO file yourself, or did you let wubi download it for you? Did you use the "correct" version of Wubi?

kdane4
June 8th, 2012, 06:23 AM
A coupple of items to check: did you download the ISO file yourself, or did you let wubi download it for you? Did you use the "correct" version of Wubi?

+1

I remember getting errors before also trying/installing out wubi... Lesson I learned is ALWAYS download the ISO... not just the wubi file. Secondly, always check the ISO hash if is is correct..

EDIT:

Wubi is complaining about different md5, and integrity check gave me "1 file corrupted".

Chances are your download failed.. If possible use a torrent client to download the ISO

Cheers!! :)

gwillh
July 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I just downloaded ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386 both manually and with Lili, from two different sources and got the same result. Corrupt files that either fail integrity checks, or burn to disc but won't boot afterwards.

This appears to be wider spread than just the 64 bit.

Will

evertonmint
July 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I downloaded the server edition and burned it to a bootable disc. When I installed I get on screen:
'Welcome to freeDOS (http://www.freedos.org)!
A:\>

Typing 'install' 'run' 'setup' 'boot' all fail to do anything. Any help guys? thx.

MG&TL
July 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I downloaded the server edition and burned it to a bootable disc. When I installed I get on screen:
'Welcome to freeDOS (http://www.freedos.org)!
A:\>

Typing 'install' 'run' 'setup' 'boot' all fail to do anything. Any help guys? thx.

I don't think you did install the server version, somehow. :lol:

Where did you download that from?

jmore9
July 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
About 12 hours ago i downloaded 12.04 32 dvd and burned to dvd. I had a wrong setting on my windows box nero burner and it burned the iso wrong. When i did the check disk at the install menu prompt the hash/mds signs did not match.

So i downloaded again on my linux box and burned it in the linux box and all is well.

I do not believe that an install can work it the hash/mds sums do not match , maybe i am wrong.

evertonmint
July 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I don't think you did install the server version, somehow. :lol:

Where did you download that from?

From the ubuntu web site.

evertonmint
July 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
From the ubuntu web site

MG&TL
July 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
From the ubuntu web site.

Okay, did you get the right disk? A FreeDOS prompt is not something you'll ever get out of a server CD. http://www.freedos.org/

evertonmint
July 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I downloaded the server edition from the site, unzipped it and burned it via honest-tech fireman 3.0 to a bootable disc.

evertonmint
July 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
The server is a used HP M310 we bought at auction with everything wiped. It has 2 Seagate 80 gig drives.

MG&TL
July 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM
The server is a used HP M310 we bought at auction with everything wiped. It has 2 Seagate 80 gig drives.

What happens if you just boot to the drives? I imagine they have freeDOS on them and the disc just isn't booting.

Elfy
July 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I downloaded the server edition from the site, unzipped it and burned it via honest-tech fireman 3.0 to a bootable disc.

Use whatever you use to burn it as an iso

Don't unzip and then burn

Then try booting it.