PDA

View Full Version : Phones

ExSuSEusr
June 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM
So I am using a Droid X and have been kicking around the idea of getting an iPhone. No particular reason other than I am just a little bored with the Droid and kind of like the iPhone layout, etc.

I am assuming this is probably a reoccuring - but I didn't see any other posts in my search.

With that said - for those of you who use Ubuntu and iPhone. How do you do it?

Ubuntu + "Linux media" + iPhone.
Ubuntu + VB (Windows) + iTunes + iPhone.
Ubuntu + Wine + iTunes + iPhone
Dual boot with Windows

How much of a hassle was it to get it working? Syncing, etc. I have an iPod and quite frankly Rhyth Box works just fine - BUT - I realize iPhone has a different OS.

I get easily aggravated if I have spend more than a couple of hours getting something to "work"- so shoot me straight before I waste money.

Overall how was the experience?

ps By Linux media I mean Banshee et al.

devxdev
June 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I just ssh into my phone I dont bother with iTunes; its slow and clunky..
Not to mention apple is about to ditch google maps and go with there own thing. Personally I hate my phone and can't wait to get the HTC: ONE X :D

ExSuSEusr
June 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I will say I do like the large screen of the Droid X. Big enough I don't have to use a magnifier glass to see what I am trying to read heh.

Yeah, the Droid sound much easier to use - hell all I have to do is plug it in.

Still though I do think I want to give the iPhone a shot.

CharlesA
June 8th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I like my Android phone. Test out a few different phones before deciding what one you want to get.

Daniel Jones
June 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have used both Android and iPhone mobile.
Both are pretty different in applications and operations.
But what i feel personally is, "iPhone mobiles are better than others".

Paqman
June 27th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Looked at some Iphones with the wife when she was looking at upgrading. I was surprised how tiny the screens are on them.

Wait until the Iphone 5 and see if it's any better, the current ones are a bit naff compared to the latest Android phones.

blennox
June 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I use ubuntu + WINE + iTunes for my iPhone atm as I've only just went completely Windows free this week, and it works perfectly. I'll be messing around with Rythmbox at the weekend though so hopefully I can say goodbye to iTunes then.