PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity Dash and Launcher Disappeared!

gamehero77
June 7th, 2012, 04:17 AM
I launched Eclipse on Ubuntu 12.04 and the Unity Launch and Dash suddenly disappeared. I could mouse over where it had disappeared and I could still interact with the invisible dash and launcher. I don't know why its doing this or how to fix it. Here's my system info:
Memory: 2.7 GB
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor TF-20
Graphics: VESA: RS780MN
OS Type: 32 bit

wilee-nilee
June 7th, 2012, 05:25 AM
I launched Eclipse on Ubuntu 12.04 and the Unity Launch and Dash suddenly disappeared. I could mouse over where it had disappeared and I could still interact with the invisible dash and launcher. I don't know why its doing this or how to fix it. Here's my system info:
Memory: 2.7 GB
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor TF-20
Graphics: VESA: RS780MN
OS Type: 32 bit

Have you checked if unity2d is working?

You might just need a rest of unity.
crtl-f2 then

unity --resetCan be run in the 2d as well.

Can be run in a terminal as well.

Frogbill
March 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM

I have the same problem with eclipse and sometimes this happents and when I start Chrome (not Cromium).
I really can't find what exactly is the problem, I will be gratefull if someone knows how to fix this.

Anyway, to bring back Unity use this:

sudo restart lightdm

P.S: Before you restart Unity, save your work because every running programme will be close.
Sorry for my bad English..