PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Windows network no longers shows

Rainz3
June 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I tried putting of posting for as long as I could to figure it out myself but no such luck, my problem is I just installed ubuntu 12.04 on my laptop and everything went perfectly with no issues to speak of. I have 3 windows 7 pc's that all showed up under windows network in the network folder. I was able to steam movies (which is primarily what this is will be used for) and copy files to and from all the pc's. 2 nights ago I shut the laptop down like I always do at night and in the morning I was no longer able to see any of my windows computers. My laptop has also stopped showing up in windows as well. I can't seem to fix the issue at all. I have tried removing and reinstalling samba. Several restarts, and just about everything from
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1169149

I haven't installed or messed with ubuntu since around 8.04. Not new to linux just been a long time so bare with me :) Thanks in advance!

Rainz3
June 7th, 2012, 10:35 AM
A little update. This morning after starting up the laptop its now working randomly. I can see all the computers but one it says unable to mount

gregzoll
June 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Do a connect to server, to the one you want, but when it aks for username, capitalize the username. I found that out with 12.04, where as before I never had to.