PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome Classic visual glitches Ubuntu 12.04 Precise

Kurten
June 6th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hello ubuntuforums, I recently installed ubuntu 12.04 on my desktop, I started out with ubuntu 10.04 so gnome classic was the desktop environment of my choice, I dislike unity and gnome 3 isn't my cup of tea so to say.

After I installed a package called gnome-panel to enable gnome classic I went on to try to get my eyefinity setup to work, without success. I must have done something I should not have done though since my gnome classic setup now looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/6XHwl.jpg

I have disabled my two other monitors and I have reinstalled gnome-panel, I also restarted numerous times but this thing doesn't go away. Please help

//Kurten

irv
June 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hello ubuntuforums, I recently installed ubuntu 12.04 on my desktop, I started out with ubuntu 10.04 so gnome classic was the desktop environment of my choice, I dislike unity and gnome 3 isn't my cup of tea so to say.

After I installed a package called gnome-panel to enable gnome classic I went on to try to get my eyefinity setup to work, without success. I must have done something I should not have done though since my gnome classic setup now looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/6XHwl.jpg

I have disabled my two other monitors and I have reinstalled gnome-panel, I also restarted numerous times but this thing doesn't go away. Please help

//Kurten
It sounds like you mixed two different packages from two different releases. May I make a suggestion. If you don't like Unity, why not try the new release 12.04 of XUbuntu or LUbuntu, or even Ubuntu Studio. I don't know if you are into media, but the Studio version of Ubuntu is geared toward Video and Audio. It loads the software for this plus it has a very nice desktop with the panels. Sorry I couldn't be more help with your problem.

Shadius
June 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Or maybe trying Cinnamon.

Kurten
June 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I don't think the distro is the problem since I have the same distro and the same package running on my laptop and it works perfect. I think the problem has something to do with me messing around in AMD's graphics controll panel and the screen setup somehow caused the menus to go crazy. What I need to know is how to fix this.

Shadius
June 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah, sorry, I don't know much about this problem to fix it. You'll have to wait for another user's input. Good luck.

irv
June 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Boot to the grub, run in Recovery mode, then run FailsafeX and reconfig your Graphics.