PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] XFCE application list

oliverjames
June 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Extract from the XFCE user guide

The middle mouse button (or Shift + left click) opens a list of all applications that are currently running. You can activate an application by clicking on its menu entry.

In Saluki Linux (XFCE) I can click left and right mouse buttons simultaneously to put up a list of all running application ordered by virtual desktop. Can anyone tell me how to configure this in Xubuntu?

Oliverjames

pbrane
June 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
In Xubuntu 12.04 I can middle click to get a list of applications running ordered by workspace.

oliverjames
June 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
In Xubuntu 12.04 I can middle click to get a list of applications running ordered by workspace.

Yes, theoretically but this doesn't work for me. Any other suggestions most welcome.

pbrane
June 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
If you upgraded you have to reset your application shortcuts to default.
Applications->Settings->Setting Manager, go to Keyboard and then Application Shortcuts. Reset to Defaults.

This may be why it doesn't work for you. It's in the release notes for Xubuntu 12.04
http://xubuntu.org/news/12-04-release/

oliverjames
June 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM
@pbrain

I have done as you suggested. Now a middle mouse click gives me the required result, as long as "Desktop settings" "menus" tab, untick the "Use submenus for the windows in each workspace".

Many thanks, that has solved the problem. I'm in the process of switching my small business' software from WinXP (Microsoft's best offering by far) to Xubuntu.

Best regards

Oliverjames

PS: I note that you're from Gainesville, Florida; which I visited when my brother-in-law was running there in an athletics competition. I had a meal in a restaurant that I still remember as the best eating experience bar none. (I'm a Brit that has travelled widely, and I now live in France so I have had many opportunities to better this experience, all have failed).

Peripheral Visionary
June 7th, 2012, 01:33 AM

That is awesome! Now I can delete that 2nd invisible panel that I used only for minimized open applications!

Shame on me for not reading all the release notes carefully, lol. But that's a cool feature!