PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Python execution

ki4jgt
June 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Does Python read scripts dirctly from the harddrive or from memory?

raja.genupula
June 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM
yeah you have to change to the directory where you got the script and if you have custom modules make sure that those modules are also in correct path .

MG&TL
June 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Does Python read scripts dirctly from the harddrive or from memory?

Initially, yes. Once the script has been loaded though, it continues in memory until it dies.

Lux Perpetua
June 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Does Python read scripts dirctly from the harddrive or from memory?I'm guessing you're confused about something on a deeper level, so I suggest trying to ask your question in a different way.

ki4jgt
June 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Initially, yes. Once the script has been loaded though, it continues in memory until it dies.

I'm guessing you're confused about something on a deeper level, so I suggest trying to ask your question in a different way.

Dumb question. If I had thought about it it would have been obvious. Python based server programs wouldn't have the resources to reread the program every time they had to execute something facepalm.

Bachstelze
June 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Unless paging or something like that happens... But of course the paging would happen on the Python process, not on the script per se.