PDA

View Full Version : japanese emoticon

mmsmc
June 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
hello all

I am having trouble understanding an emoticon from japan, or at least I was told it was an emoticon, can some please explain this?

[壁]д・)チラッ

thank you for your time

Frantic_Earthling
June 5th, 2012, 06:30 PM
hello all

I am having trouble understanding an emoticon from japan, or at least I was told it was an emoticon, can some please explain this?

[壁]д・)チラッ

thank you for your time

I am a bit confused.

The Chinese character above 壁 means "wall" and is read "kabe". I do not think that it has anything to do with an emoticon.

The last three characters チラッ are katanata syllables which read "chira' " and mean "very briefly", "hardly" or "just a little".

In between, you have the cyrillic letter д for "d".

mmsmc
June 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I am a bit confused.

The Chinese character above 壁 means "wall" and is read "kabe". I do not think that it has anything to do with an emoticon.

The last three characters チラッ are katanata syllables which read "chira' " and mean "very briefly", "hardly" or "just a little".

In between, you have the cyrillic letter д for "d".

yes that is why i am so confused! I was speaking to my penpal when they wrote this down and left, I did a search and have seen it on a few emoticon websites but with no explanation

I will ask them when they return, but curiosity just got to me first :D

forrestcupp
June 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
If that's what it means, then it's probably similar to the emoticon we have of someone bashing their head against the wall. ](*,)

phibxr
June 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
hello all

[壁]д・)チラッ

thank you for your time

Zoom out a bit, and you'll see an angry anime-style guy punching with his right fist and raising his left fist. :)

haqking
June 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM
http://sakuran-kaomoji.pya.jp/facemark/kabe.html

or when run through googlle translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsakuran-kaomoji.pya.jp%2Ffacemark%2Fkabe.html

Frantic_Earthling
June 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Got it!

It a face hiding behind a wall, of which you see only the nose and the left eye. You are just seeing a glimpse of it, hence "chira' " = "[see you/see me] just a little, briefly."

Frantic_Earthling
June 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
got it!

It a face hiding behind a wall, of which you see only the nose and the left eye. You are just seeing a glimpse of it, hence "chira' " = "[see you/see me] just a little, briefly."

[壁]Д-) チラッ

Lucradia
June 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Go back to /ascii/

Dry Lips
June 6th, 2012, 03:34 PM
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

ZarathustraDK
June 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Sometimes the chinese characters in those emoticons are not supposed to be translated, they're just good at "painting" the emoticon with.

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

mmsmc
June 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I asked the person who sent me that emoticon, this is what it means