PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kde

DoctorVell
June 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hi there,

I recently installed KDE Desktop and I am trying to figure a way to have that load up, but every time I load up, it still does the gnome desktop. I did the

"sudo apt-get install kde-full" and everything worked perfectly fine, but that's as far as I get. PLEASE HELP!

VMC
June 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hi there,

I recently installed KDE Desktop and I am trying to figure a way to have that load up, but every time I load up, it still does the gnome desktop. I did the

"sudo apt-get install kde-full" and everything worked perfectly fine, but that's as far as I get. PLEASE HELP!

If you autologin enabled, you need to undue that.
Then on login click on the "small ubuntu logo" and choose kde.

Frogs Hair
June 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ubuntu will load the last DE used at login if automatic login is not in use . Automatic login defaults to Ubuntu and prevents the use of the desktop environments unless disabled . You may want to just install the Kubuntu release if you don't want to use the other desktop environments.

I read that it is possible to change the default environment of this forum, but I can't seem to find the thread. I found this blog post , but is unclear to me and would seek more information before trying any of the commands. http://www.tejasbarot.com/2012/05/17/howto-change-default-user-session-ubuntu-12-04-lts-precise-pangolin-login-session-desktop-environment/

DoctorVell
June 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I got it working now :)