PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people read posts

Senior_Buckethead
June 5th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Why can't people read posts from beginning to end.

I don't know whats worse, people who can't read posts properly or arrogant self-righteous pigs that use what you have written to humiliate you for their own self gratification...?

You try and help and either have to repeat yourself because they didn't listen to start with, or you get some pig that just wants to prove you wrong and them right.

It shouldn't be like this.

Face-Ache
June 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah very frustrating indeed. Have you been trying to help some folks, and are just getting attitude in response?

Some online friends an I on another forum were discussing a segment on a current affairs TV show on over here, a fairly controversial topic of the Police use of tasers. The segment was over 15 minutes long, and this one clown comes wading in stating "I only saw the first minute, but it was totally biased...." and then a big massive rant about it.

I suppose it's just the way society is going these days; people just wait to talk rather than actually listen.

KiwiNZ
June 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Thread closedrefer code of conduct

"Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. This includes references to other operating systems and the companies that produce them.
Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion.
If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers."