PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Login & Password problem during Ubuntu 12.04 fresh install

azimcs
June 4th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I am doing a complete fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 in my 32-bit desktop PC by using the boot CD in English language. After running the installation program for a while, the Ubuntu desktop screen appears that shows the taskbar or topbar (ubuntu-at the top left; accesibility, language, audio, clock, power buttons- at the top right corner). "ubuntu 12.04 LTS" is written at the bottom left corner of Desktop. At the front of desktop, a login dialog box is in focus, asking for login ID (username) and password. I can not overcome this login dialog box to enter into the Operating System(OS). This login dialog is restricting me to start using the newly installed ubuntu OS. I have not set any username and password before this, because, the fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04 did not ever ask me to create a new username or password. Please help.

raja.genupula
June 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
it should ask you my friend .

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword

so that link will guide you to reset your password and will tell you whats your username . read it carefully :)