PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Alt+Tab NOT switching in Gnome Classic (WITH effects)

r_avital
June 4th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam and I apologize for bringing this up. I have gone through all 41 pages of the Gnome Classic Megathread, and found a few references to this problem, no solution. I have no clue why a user should be punished by having to read such a thread and find no solution, for the sin of upgrading to a new LTS version, but so be it. There is also another thread on this specific problem, but it's closed, with no solution so I could not ask there. Really, did my homework, sorry to bother you all with this again.

12.04 Precise Pangolin amd64, Gnome Classic WITH effects. With multiple windows/apps open, Alt+Tab does absolutely nothing.

Yes, I enabled it in Applications/System Tools/Preferences/Control Panel/Keyboard Shortcuts.

Yes, I enabled it in gconf-editor.

Yes, I enabled it in the General section of Compiz Config Manager.

No, it does not switch between open applications.

This is not about some exotic nVidia proprietary driver, this is not about rotating cubes, this is plain-vanilla functionality that has been in Gnome since the Almighty knows when. Why should it be so difficult?

Is there a solution to this? I mean, other than going to another WM, or even Mint?

Thanks in advance

peterthebike
June 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I also have had the same problem but have just solved it with CompizConfig Settings Manager and under Window Management enabled Static Application Switcher. I do not have Application Switcher enabled.