PDA

View Full Version : Innovation: Hack The Real World And Share The Results

madjr
June 3rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
Just came across this really good article about innovation, open source, the current situation and hacking the future:

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/innovation/articles/20120528/06540819090/hack-real-world-share-results.shtml

MisterGaribaldi
June 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
I want to hack reality and suddenly put tons of money in my bank account.

I'd also like to hack reality and enable the ability for me to read minds and to fly.

Oh, and maybe throw Force Lightning and to know how to make really good soup.

madjr
June 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I want to hack reality and suddenly put tons of money in my bank account.

I'd also like to hack reality and enable the ability for me to read minds and to fly.

Oh, and maybe throw Force Lightning and to know how to make really good soup.

if that's what you want go for it! Don't let anything stop you!

Max Blyss
June 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Super-Healing and Telekinesis here I come...

MisterGaribaldi
June 5th, 2012, 03:02 AM
There's a lot of "Hack The Real World" going on out there, and 2600 is just one of many examples of organizations gathered together around the proposition of hack for the betterment of society through the personal improvement of the individual.

MisterGaribaldi
June 5th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Here's the thing, though, specifically relating to the presentation in that video and one of the first questions afterward: if basically "nobody" out there actually cares, or worse yet if they have certain fundamental core beliefs which are diametrically opposed to what this guy is talking about, then really, what the heck is the point?

Let me give one short example of this as a-politically as is possible, given the nature of the situation.

There is a certain political spectrum here in the United States, which claims an interest "ostensibly" in the kinds of things this guy is talking about. However, that spectrum, which is embodied in a certain political party which I shall not name, has done just about everything they can to work against the sort of freedoms and liberties this gentleman talks about, even going so far as to ostracize a certain candidate for a certain elected office who has as their core beliefs exactly the sort of "government hands-off" that this guy is obviously describing.

My point here is not to create any kind of political debate -- far from it -- but to simply point out there is far too much irrationality and ignorance going on to ever really and truly support the noble points raised herein, and I really hesitate to say this in a public forum, but probably short of a revolt, and likely a revolt by those very same young people he's talking about.

I simply cannot, as an American, express how much this tears me up inside sometimes.

Humblest apologies to all and sundry if this is more political than is allowed. However, I would also argue that politics is a fundamental component of what is discussed in the OP's video, and I would equally well argue for all of those same sort of reasons that politics of the governmental kind is now inextricably intertwined with the technology that this message board and countless others out there are a part of.