PDA

View Full Version : What would be some really cool things to put in your signature?

yeehi
June 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
There are all sorts of details, links and other stuff you could put there.
I would be interested to know what you think is useful and cool.

And it will be very good to read the sigs for the people that reply to this post!

Thank you!

traditionalist
June 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM

And it will be very good to read the sigs for the people that reply to this post!

Thank you!

I think it is a good idea to put some system details in your signature, so that people trying to help you have some idea of what you are using.

blackbird34
June 3rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
<snip> useful and cool. <snip>

Stuff you find might be useful and that others might find cool:popcorn:
I really like Synapse (see sig) for example...
Another thing: if you put links at the bottom, sigs are only allowed a limited number of characters, so you can use URL shortening sites to get more links in :D

oldos2er
June 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Moved to Community Cafe.

Erik1984
June 4th, 2012, 01:05 AM
A quote will do ;)

lisati
June 4th, 2012, 01:10 AM

I decided to include a link to "What is a lisati? (http://lisati.homelinux.com/wiki/index.php/Lisati)" after realising that my online presence might be mistaken as "Lisa Ti." To quote something one of my nephews was in the habit of saying not long after his first sister was born, "I'm a boy!" :D

Other ideas include linking to sites that you find useful, but don't forget the guidelines in the forum code of conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy).

DISCLAIMER: My signature is subject to change without notice and is only included here as an example.

wilee-nilee
June 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM
More of a personality trait here, lol. :)

Not a herd follower, by and large, except in my language usage.

Observe the norms, and see what fits in your own life, bypass the rest.

Linuxratty
June 4th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I enjoy amusing quotes and finding links to sites that people find useful and interesting.

MisterGaribaldi
June 4th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Mine is a quote of sorts, Linuxratty.

Linuxratty
June 4th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Mine is a quote of sorts, Linuxratty.

HAHAHHA! I LOVED that show!:)

Eiji Takanaka
June 4th, 2012, 04:28 AM
A link which when clicked by any random person, launches a sophisticated computer virus against all corporations bank accounts of the world, removing all the money that they have swindled, connived or tricked out of the people, and distributing it evenly throughout the world. Possibly with some early bias towards distributing it to africa, which is in most need of help at the moment.

A virus which when launched takes all patents to do with energy production (which should be free) that have been hoarded by energy companies in order to rinse as much money out of the general populace as possible, and distributes them over the internet via torrents e.t.c.

Something so critical to the future of the human species as energy production should never ever have been allowed to be patented (awarded to vested interests) in the first place. This error should be corrected post-haste.

The computer virus would finally finish by playing a repetitive loop of something mildly funny possibly that piano playing cat on all major television networks worldwide.

This is the challenge to all computer programmers worldwide, accept and complete this challenge and your names will go down in history.

In order to free the human-species, we first need to free the energy! ;)

-3nd M3SsAg3-

MisterGaribaldi
June 4th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I'd just settle for a link that creates a DWIM button.

Senior_Buckethead
June 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
or just remember to put your pants on before your shoes....

zombifier25
June 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
nothing. umad?

roelforg
June 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM
How about a line that was found in your wallpaper, which turned out to be pretty deep?