PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation

mmanuuec
June 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
I have a install file install-agraph in folder agraph4.1 and when i write the command
$agraph4.1 install-agraph destination
for installation

it shows the following error
install-agraph command not found.

So please help me with the solution

codemaniac
June 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Helolo mmanuuec ,

Welcome to the UbuntuForums !!

What type of file it is , is it a installer shell script or a binary file or tar.gz .

file install-agraph
There must be some README available in the directory somewhere , can contain some valuable information on installation .

mmanuuec
June 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
hey thanks codemaniac for greetings and quick reply.

it is a shell script file but i am not able to find read me file for guidelines.

mmanuuec
June 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM

it is a shell script file but i am not able to find read me file for guidelines.

mmanuuec
June 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM

codemaniac
June 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM

The execution bit needs to be enable for a shell script so that it can be run .The below command line will make it executable .

chmod +x install-agraph

Please note that before running the script you can check the contents of the shell script , you can find comments inside that can give you an idea what actually the script does and what are the mandatory options or arguments you need to provide the script for successful execution .

./install-agraph