PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] problem in ubuntu 11,10 installatin

fire planet
June 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi every one,
i have a dell xps 1530 with a 64bit capable system,i have a 32 bit window7 on it.
I’d installed Ubuntu 11.10 successfully several times before. This week I replaced my hard drive,so decided to install Ubuntu again but I’ve countered a problem during installation.
I want a dual boot of Ubuntu and windows7.so in “Allocate drive space” page I chose “something else” and then create two partitions(one for ext4 ,another for swap),then I pressed “install” button
,in "install" page a progress bar showed Ubuntu files was copying normally, but nothing happened after progress bar completed(the page was existed even after one hour and no “restart “option was shown! )
After one hour waiting, I press the power button to force computer be shut down.
When I pressed power button again, no grub menu appeared and windows logo showed directly! Inside windows7 I checked disk management and it shows two partition of Ubuntu!
how should I do now?
I don’t know what is the problem that it can’t complete the installation?
Please help.

fantab
June 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
TRY AGAIN.
And remember to install GRUB boot loader on Hdd (/dev/sda) and not on any partitions (/dev/sda2, /dev/sda4, etc).

Also why not install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS_64bit.

fire planet
June 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
hi again,
after 3 times trying to install ubuntu ,i found what the problem is!
it seems there is a bug if you using arowkey of keyboard to choose your desired language!
and the solution : "Don't use keyboard ! just use your mouse to scroll up/down during selecting the keyboard language of ubuntu" :D

the bug had been reported in the below link :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/645449