PDA

View Full Version : Artwork Help - $25 Bounty

Vorian
June 1st, 2012, 12:05 AM
I hope this is the right part of the forum to post this...

I am creating a website for a .org based entirely in foss. I need a touch of magic on the site header. My idea is simple, but I suck at artwork.

I would like the header to say "Caribou County Democrats" with Caribou County on top of Democrats. In between Caribou and County, I'd like a profile of a blue caribou. I've attached a
Photo of the kind of profile of a caribou I'd like.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in donating your tallent to this.

:)

Vorian
June 6th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Bump, plus I'll throw in a $25 bounty to a verified Paypal account.

MSG me with any questions

Vorian
June 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I need help, as described in this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1992704 . This little project has a $25 bounty.

Please contact me with any questions you might have.

howefield
June 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Threads merged.

UltimateCat
June 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM

I am creating a website for a .org based entirely in foss. I need a touch of magic on the site header. My idea is simple, but I suck at artwork.

I would like the header to say "Caribou County Democrats" with Caribou County on top of Democrats. In between Caribou and County, I'd like a profile of a blue caribou. I've attached a

:)

GIMP is fairly easy to use. You should be able to cut the Caribou out and paste it within your header but you'll have to do it in GIMP or another open source program. If I knew more I would assist you but I am still learning.

I'll ask my colleague if he would be interested in donating his talent-

I encourage you to do some research ; if your willing-;)

HappinessNow
June 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM

:)how about a donkey with a obviously fake set of caribou horns on his head?

not that I would make it but just throwing that idea out there :)

frup
June 24th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I tried making what you said and it looks ugly.

I've attached the xcf so you can adjust what I did if you do like it.

I might just point out a few things: you haven't given a colour scheme, dimension or example of what style you want.

I did a search for caribou county dems and I see that there is the main idaho dem party site http://idahodems.org/county/caribou/ there is also http://www.binghamdems.org/ which I guess is another county.

Why not liase with the people who made those sites?

If you do choose what I made (which I'm guessing is unlikely because quite frankly it sucks) you can donate the money to a free software project (perhaps gimp or blender).