PDA

View Full Version : [other] Unable to install IVI remix beta 2

edam66
May 31st, 2012, 11:50 PM
For some years I have been wanting to build myself a car PC. A few months ago I therefore built myself an Asus AMD Brazos based system, containing 4GB of RAM, a 500GB HD and an 8" touch sensitive screen. As I have been using Ubuntu both for my server and my desktop, also for several years, I welcomed Canonical's announcement of the IVI remix edition last summer - and once I had the HW put together I therefore downloaded the Beta 2 release from SoftPedia.

Now the problem turned up. Apparently the released version is designed for Arm processors, not AMD64 (or for that matter a 32 bit I386 version). Is there some particular place I can find the AMD64 version - I am somewhat surprised that it is not to be found along with the other Canonical distributions..... Also, I have not been able to find any installation giude.....

I have started out by installing the 12.04 AMD64 desktop version - can the IVI remix user interface be loaded on top of this? And what programs are used for handsfree and GPS driving info?

Hope someone can help - I would much prefer NOT having to resort to using Win in my car ...... :( .......And after having thought about getting myself a car pc for 13 years and now finally having the hardware for it I am getting a bit impatient...:P