PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] New Printer Recommend

UltimateCat
May 31st, 2012, 11:09 PM
;)Hi:
I currently have a Kodak ESP7 and the truth is I am consistently replacing ink cartridges after about 10 pages of printing. And the printer is designed so that if you fill the cartridge it doesn't recognize the new ink-

Can you recommend a printer that doesn't use so much ink; is reliable and is also economical ?

Thanks in advance-

kurt18947
May 31st, 2012, 11:45 PM
I believe it's widely accepted that HP is the most Linux friendly and has HPLIP utilities. I've also had very good success with Brother but Brother can require some savvy, especially scanner functions it seems. I do find Brother consumables more reasonable. Epson gets pretty decent reviews, Canon is checkered and Lexmark is historically pretty bad though there is some indication that Lexmark is making an effort. Those are my impressions.

agillator
June 1st, 2012, 12:09 AM
I prefer HP printers. Have tried Epson and Lexmark and others over the years but seem to be happiest with HP. They are built 'like tanks' so to speak, have excellent support in Linux (HPLIP), and you have an excellent range of capabilities and prices to choose from. They even have a truly mobile printer that works like a charm. Hint - you can get excellent prices if you buy when stores like Staples and OfficeMax are clearing their shelves for new models.

UltimateCat
June 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
I prefer HP printers. Have tried Epson and Lexmark and others over the years but seem to be happiest with HP. They are built 'like tanks' so to speak, have excellent support in Linux (HPLIP), and you have an excellent range of capabilities and prices to choose from. They even have a truly mobile printer that works like a charm. Hint - you can get excellent prices if you buy when stores like Staples and OfficeMax are clearing their shelves for new models.

;-)Think I'm going to go to Staples.

Thanks for the advise and information about HP.

I looked at Brother the other day at Best Buy......and well didn't like it-

Since HP is friendly with Linux; think I'll be purchasing a new HP soon.
I'm thinking maybe the Office Jet Pro L7680: All in one.

Thanks