PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Webcam bug on vaio

pdvrosado
May 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Yo guys I'm new to this ubuntu thing. I have this issue, I've downloaded and burned the ubuntu 12 cd, and I've tried to install it on my VAIO. The install went fine, 'til it come to the part where the webcam is turned on to take a user photo. The installation crashes and doesn't pass from there. I've tried to install it 18 times and nothing.

Then I asked my girlfriend to burn ubuntu 11, and the isntallation went well, the webcam was functional and I finished the install. I upgraded 11 to 12, and now i'm using ubuntu 12 and it's fine, but the godamn webcam doesn't work :/ I've submited the bug report that happened during the isntallation of 12, but I still can't use the incorporated webcam...:guitar:

pdvrosado
June 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
would it help if i say the camera is a motion eye? i dont know much about this computer, but it's kind of stupid that the webcam works on 11 and fails on ubuntu 12.... plz help

mörgæs
June 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Please post a link to the bug report.

pdvrosado
June 2nd, 2012, 09:19 PM
i cant do that.. i dont know how... the thing i can do, is try to use cheese to take a photo with the webcam. it will make an error and close, it might ask to send a bug report....