PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Reader 9 verses Document Reader.

irv
May 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I have been reading a pdf document that has over 500 pages. I found that if I read it using Adobe Reader 9 and close the document and then restart it another time, it goes back to the beginning. Now when I use Document Reader it remembers where I left off. Much better. It's these little things that make a application great. The only reason I have Adobe Reader 9 installed is because I have been trying to get the read out loud to work in Linux version. I have another thread for that subject. It's an old post from back in 2008.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884168

scouser73
May 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Irv, to get Adobe Reader to open at the last place open up Adobe Reader and do the following.

1 Click Edit

2 Click Preferences

3 Select Documents from the Categories menu

4 Tick Restore Last View Settings When Reopening Documents

5 Click on OK

Done.

irv
May 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM
It been so long since I used Adobe Reader I forgot about these settings. Thanks now it is working. When I posted this I wasn't really looking for help, I was just going to use the Document Reader but now I can use either or.
Thanks
Irv

lancest
May 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I only need A-reader for PDF input forms.

jfloydb
May 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Document Reader was one of the pleasant surprises I found when I first started using (x)ubuntu. I'm sure its not "perfect", but it has not failed me yet...

irv
May 30th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I am going to mark this one solved because they both can do what I want, and that was open where I left off.