PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problems

Calorca
May 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hello everybody!!

I am absolutely new with Linux. Until now I always used Windows, but I wanted give Ubuntu a try.

I tried to install the newest version, but my HP couldn't coop so I had to install the 9.04 version that I had.
Now my problem is I can't connect to the internet, whether LAN nor Wireless.:( I search for solutions and found a way to install the Windows driver, which I did, but without any success.
Can someone give me a clue what to do?

Thanks in advance!:P

dino99
May 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
the first thing to try: is the livecd (liveusb) works , specially the internet ?

then its a good idea to talk a bit more than just "HP" about your system.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10161428&postcount=2

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=811397

Calorca
May 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hello
Thanks for the fast answer.
I tried to do it with the usb live version, but my laptop did'nt recognize it. When I entered the boot menu there was only the notebooks hd.
I have a HP touchsmart tm2 with touchscreen. And until now I think the main problem is the internet. The wireless adapter doesn't work properly and when I plug in the LAN cable and try to connect with the router by browser it doesn't answer.
Tomorrow I'll try doing the partitions you suggested.

garvinrick4
May 29th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Post your cards for network so users can help you with your internet connection;
Open a terminal "ctrl/alt/t" all at same time and copy and paste this below. Copy and paste results of below to this thread.

sudo lshw -C network

Calorca
May 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM
sudo lshw -C network
That's what I've got:

*-network
description: Ethernet interface
product: RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
logical name: eth0
version: 03
serial: 1c:c1:de:8f:92:a0
size: 10MB/s
capacity: 1GB/s
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=half latency=0 link=no module=r8169 multicast=yes port=MII speed=10MB/s

*-network UNCLAIMED
description: Network controller
product: Broadcom Corporation
vendor: Broadcom Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
version: 01
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0

*-network DISABLED
description: Ethernet interface
physical id: 2
logical name: pan0
serial: f6:17:4c:f0:24:48
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=bridge driverversion=2.3 firmware=N/A link=yes multicast=yes