PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity on 12.04

ELMIT
May 29th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I have installed 12.04 and got some strange behaviors:

I installed NixNotes and it is Unity. When I start it by clicking on the NixNote icon in Unity, it opens and uses another icon (Questionmark as Qt Jambi application).

Other programs are starting and do not get a mark as it is usually shown when this application is running AND it cannot be switched to with ALT-TAB

Stardict opens with a short flash of Window and disappears, in ps it is still listed, but I cannot switch to it. It also does not get the mark or a running program in Unity.

Any ideas?

ELMIT
June 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
This is getting really annoying, that I cannot switch to an open window anymore!

I start the program e.g., android - it opens nice, .. and I go to another window e.g. Firefox to find some info I need now.
The window andoid is covered with Firefox. SOMETIMES I can go to the other window by using the scrol mouse button on the title bar of Firefox to get it into the background, but sometimes, I opened more windows and I cannot get android that way anymore.

The program is not listed as open in the Unity bar nor is it available with CTRL-TAB

Am I the only one having that problem?

Any hint how to solve that is greatly appreciated, as sooner as better.

Ronald