PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] changing gnome-terminal scrolback settings

piriton
May 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM
How can I configure and increase the gnome-terminal scrollback settings using an automated tool ? Yes I could just select a few options in the menu using the mouse but I would like to learn something more.

Can gsettings do this ? So far i've not been able to figure out how.

drs305
May 28th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Are you looking to change the number of scrollback lines available? That's changed via Edit > Profile Preferences > Scrolling.

If that isn't what you are looking for, by automated tool, do you mean a GUI app?

I didn't find a scrollback setting in dconf for gnome-terminal. There is still a setting in gconf-editor in /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/scrollback_lines, so it could be changed via a terminal command if desired.

piriton
May 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM
>Are you looking to change the number of scrollback lines available?

Yes, I would like to do this using a configuration tool or by editing a config file to set this value.

drs305
May 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM
>Are you looking to change the number of scrollback lines available?

Yes, I would like to do this using a configuration tool or by editing a config file to set this value.

gconf-editor is the GUI app, but as I mentioned you can also just do it via the gnome-terminal preferences as well.

gconf-editor /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default

piriton
May 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
gconftool-2 -t int --set /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/scrollback_lines 10000

Cool, thanks a lot !