PDA

View Full Version : Have you completely switched to Ubuntu 12.04?

JF382
May 27th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Have you completely switched to Ubuntu 12.04, or are you still dual-booting with Windows? Just wondering.

ulfj
May 27th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Yes I have as of last night, I was using wubi on this netbook and went to windows to watch a movie then when my kid shut it down it (windows) wanted the usual update, well junior just figured screw it and did a hard shutdown. Well lo and behold Ubuntu refused to boot anymore so I just wiped the hard-drive so no more windows machines in the house. I guess if ihe kid wants to use netflix he will have to go to moms house! Now if I can figure out this machine refuseing to restart all will be good!

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 27th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Have you completely switched to Ubuntu 12.04,

No.

or are you still dual-booting with Windows?

No.

Just wondering.

:confused:

lisati
May 27th, 2012, 01:42 AM
You might also be interested in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=6894

JF382
May 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM
No.

No.

:confused:

What do you use, are you on Mac or something? Take care.

gfd_2
May 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM
been all Ubuntu since 11.04 on my laptop.

Staying with XP on my old desktop for one reason... AudioGalaxy. I'm not ready to give up my music collection and I haven't found an "easy to install with a MAXX app" to replace it.

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 27th, 2012, 02:15 AM
What do you use, are you on Mac or something? Take care.

Have you completely switched to Ubuntu 12.04,

I use other versions of Ubuntu or other Linux distros; such as, Ubuntu 10.04. :)

or are you still dual-booting with Windows?

I use Virtual Machines; therefore, I don't dual boot. :)

BlinkinCat
May 27th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Very happy with Xubuntu 12.04

Dual boot Windows 7 purely for access to online library - ;)

Frogs Hair
May 27th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Windows is needed for school and games .

fyfe54
May 27th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Windows Free, almost. I only need it for tax software next April, but am hoping that there will be a Linux version by then.

HalfNote5
May 27th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Since I'm a software developer, and our target platform is Windows, I have to keep several Windows boxes around. Plus, let's be honest, there are a few things that Windows can do that Linux just can't yet *cough*reliablenetworkscanning*cough*downloaddrive rsforalmostanyhardware*cough*securitysystemsintegr ation.

That aside, I use Wine for a lot of software I'd otherwise use Windows for, although some stuff just doesn't emulate well (although VM solves most of that, but it eliminates that "integrated" sort of feel you want to give your clients/users)

In short, if I'm doing regular stuff, I'm usually on Linux. I keep Win around for developing software, and some programs that there just aren't any good analogues for on Linux. Yet. ; )