PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Changing font type, size and attributes in gtklabel

anewguy
May 26th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Having set up a font selection area as I need (the font selection that GTK provides doesn't fit well with what I'm doing), I now want to show a sample text of the font and its attributes. So, if someone selected Arial, checked bold and/or italic and set the size to 12, how do I modify the text in a gtklabel to reflect that? I've seen somethings involving Pango to do this, but I honestly don't understand them.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

dave ;)

anewguy
May 27th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Given:

panel_font_sample = gtk_label_new("Font Test");
gtk_label_set_max_width_chars(panel_font_sample, 9);
gtk_label_set_justify(panel_font_sample,GTK_JUSTIF Y_LEFT);
sprintf(wrkpangofont,"%s, %d",wrkstr[0],10);
printf("built font string: %s\n",wrkpangofont);
gtk_widget_override_font (panel_font_sample,pango_font_description_from_str ing (wrkpangofont));

Where:
wrkstr[0] is loaded with a pango font name
the printf shows "Andale Mono, 10"

I get a segment fault at the override_font. According the the docs, I was to use this in place of gtk_widget_modify_font. I have tried placing the literal quoted string "Andale Mono, 10" in place of the string variable wrkpangofont but still get the segment fault. I also tried gtk_widget_modify_font and get the same segment fault.

Don't know if that helps anyone who may be trying to help or not.

dave ;)

All I'm trying to do is programmatically set the font on a gtk_label.

anewguy
May 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Apparently I had some syntax error somewhere, as I just re-typed the statement and it works.