PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Are Prior Versions of Ubuntu Required to run 12.04?

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 26th, 2012, 05:16 PM
When I install 12.04, will I also need to have older versions pre-existing on my machine?
or
Does 12.04 have all prior resources, libs, distros, etc. and no other additional installations are required to properly run.

wilee-nilee
May 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
When I install 12.04, will I also need to have older versions pre-existing on my machine?
or
Does 12.04 have all prior resources, libs, distros, etc. and no other additional installations are required to properly run.

Each release is a independent system, so no.

Megaptera
May 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
You only need to install 12.04 - no previous versions needed. It's a whole operating system on a CD (700mb) or so.

Are you installing alongside another operating system or are you installing it on its own?

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I have Windows XP Home running now on a 40Gig HD with SP3 and some .net frameworks. Only a 32 bit right now, getting new hardware soon and will test a dual boot of 12.04 & Windows 7.

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately I have no internet access on the PC right now. so I rely on my SCH-I405 Samsung Stratosphere to download everything (obvious issues with this method I know), Then I send to PC via Usb.
Thank you for the fast responce,
SeVeNeLeVeN - The N.I.T.WIT (Noob-In-Training)

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 27th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Each release is a independent system, so no.

Ok, that is a relief. I am new to all things linux and glad to have found this great community.

*Starting my journey with SL4A_r5 w/ Python3_r10 mainly on my Samsung Stratosphere [SCH-I405] and Ubuntu is a must for my current projects.

(Obviously I can not fully enjoy developing for Android Devices souly on an Android Device), but doing what I can with what I got on hand.

*Learning as I go & always up for new challenges.

Thank You

Megaptera
May 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Reply here. in PM or Email, if you have ideas on where my journey will lead to:
......... @gmail.com ..Thank You

Your journey may lead to an encounter with spambots if you don't edit the thread and remove your email addr. More from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot
"E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. Because e-mail addresses have a distinctive format, spambots are easy to write."

People will reply here so all can share info & advice.

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 30th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I have removed my email from the post, however you have quoted it. so it is a mute issue. This question is concidered answered. Deletion of the entire thread would be nice.

wilee-nilee
May 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I have removed my email from the post, however you have quoted it. so it is a mute issue. This question is concidered answered. Deletion of the entire thread would be nice.

Hit the report button and ask the mods to remove the email address.

Megaptera
May 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Many apologies, my mistake and now corrected. :p

SeVeNeLeVeN
May 31st, 2012, 04:28 AM
Thank you, I will be more cautious in the future.