PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Monitor settings menu entry wanted!

Ashrael
May 26th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hi all,

I suppose that I am not the only one who occasionally attaches an extra monitor to his laptop or netbook. So I go to the display settings, where I can set everything the way I want, so far so good. But wouldn't it be nice if we could store (often used) settings then give us the option to select these in the top right menu right underneath the Displays entry? I am starting to feel annoyed when repeating these steps over and over again, I am not alone?

Also there is a minor "bug", if you can even call it that. The monitor identifier pop-up obstructs the buttons below. The placement should be changed to fit the Unity layout.

TIA!

Ashrael
May 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Nobody think this would be a good feature to have? No-one? ):P

Ashrael
June 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I know nobody seems to think this is a good idea, but I still think it would be useful. As I was thinking further on this, I came to another feature I would like to have.

I usualy have 2 monitors attached, but sometimes I only use one. So then the second monitor is on all the time. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have that second monitor switch off when I dont use it? I don't know how difficult this would be to achieve but it would be a feature for me!

Any thoughts also welcome.... even if you think these are bad ideas :)

Ashrael
July 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
One more idea: Maybe we need to be able to choose between "autosense" and "manual settings" too? So that when you plug in an extra screen Xorg an be forced to use certain settings.

I still need an answer, and still don't believe I am the only one! :confused:

Also see: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/202646

anyone?