PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] How do I setup Audacity so whatever I play a sound it record the sound?

jcer93705
May 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM
How do I setup Audacity so whatever I play a sound it record the sound? Not using mic. Like a sound from a website or something like it. What ever I'm playing in a player or sound from a site I want the Audacity to capture the sound like it did in Windows. Thanks.

Version 2.0

Enigmapond
May 26th, 2012, 12:45 AM
You will have better luck with just using sound recorder that is installed. Audacity is better for recording an input like keyboard or guitar. see this tutorial.
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-recording-internal-audio-in-ubuntu.html

Then if you need to edit this, import it to audacity.

jcer93705
May 26th, 2012, 12:51 AM
You will have better luck with just using sound recorder that is installed. Audacity is better for recording an input like keyboard or guitar. see this tutorial.
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-recording-internal-audio-in-ubuntu.html

Then if you need to edit this, import it to audacity.

I used Audacity to record background sound and save in mp3 work great but that is in Window 7 x64bit. But I'll check out that website thank you. Would love just to use Audacity. But you said it's better with built in sound program. I'll try that and look into that url. Thanks.

Oh tried the recording program and doesn't record the same quality. Audacity whatever the sound quality at the background it record in the same quality.

Enigmapond
May 26th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Have you set the audacity playback/recording preferences to Alsa?

jcer93705
May 26th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Have you set the audacity playback/recording preferences to Alsa?

In recording there no option of Alsa but there is sysdefult which does record but it just sound aweful.

cybergalvez
May 28th, 2012, 06:35 PM
How do I setup Audacity so whatever I play a sound it record the sound? Not using mic. Like a sound from a website or something like it. What ever I'm playing in a player or sound from a site I want the Audacity to capture the sound like it did in Windows. Thanks.

Version 2.0

install pulse volume control and set the recourding source as output

jcer93705
May 28th, 2012, 10:38 PM
install pulse volume control and set the recourding source as output

It doesn't show recording source. But it is recordingbut there is static.