PDA

View Full Version : Free Linux Training Manuals (Essentials & LPI Level 1)

mips
May 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Free Linux Essentials Training Manual
http://www.linuxcertification.co.za/content/free-linux-essentials-e-book

Free Creative Commons LPI Level 1 Linux Training Manual Released
http://www.linuxcertification.co.za/linux-system-administration-training-manual

sffvba[e0rt
May 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the links... there is actually a push (that has run slightly dead at the moment) over on IRC in #ubuntu-za for people to get together and assist each other preparing for the exams using the resources linked in the OP... so if you are looking for some others also doing the exam check them out on Freenode.

mips
May 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
so if you are looking for some others also doing the exam check them out on Freenode.

No thanks, linux certs are not my thing. Just saw that posted somewhere else and thought I would pass it on here for those that might be interested.

haqking
May 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the links... there is actually a push (that has run slightly dead at the moment) over on IRC in #ubuntu-za for people to get together and assist each other preparing for the exams using the resources linked in the OP... so if you are looking for some others also doing the exam check them out on Freenode.

FYI

I see those make reference to the LPI.

Might be worth noting that if you take LPI you just get LPI, if you take CompTIA Linux+ you get Linux + and LPI and NCA.

So for the person seeking certification it is better and more cost effective to take the CompTIA route (they are all the same exam) and then tick the box during start to allow information to be passed on and you will get 3 certs for the price of 1.

Peace

matthekc
May 24th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks Mips

sffvba[e0rt
May 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
FYI

I see those make reference to the LPI.

Might be worth nothing that if you take LPI you just get LPI, if you take CompTIA Linux+ you get Linux + and LPI and NCA.

So for the person seeking certification it is better and more cost effective to take the CompTIA route (they are all the same exam) and then tick the box during start to allow information to be passed on and you will get 3 certs for the price of 1.

Peace

I remember you saying something like that in another thread... thanks again for the heads up.