PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz & Global Menu Alpha Transparency Effects

Bandit
May 23rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Been slowly tweaking my UI. But having the darnedest time trying to get the Global menu's drop down menus to be transparent. I am using the Compiz Settings UI and got my dialogs and other programs to be transparent. But for the life of me I cant get the drop down menus to work anymore. I have tried type=Menu menu dropdownmenu DropDownMenu popupmenu and even GlobalMenu and globalmenu. Still no dice? Anyone know what its being referred to now? Google wasnt no help.

Thanks,
Joe

Bandit
May 25th, 2012, 04:30 AM
:: Bump ::

Anyone?

jadtech
May 25th, 2012, 05:52 AM
dont seem to be able to make any drop down menu transparent here at all most everything else no problem

zombifier25
May 25th, 2012, 09:28 AM
You meant the menu on Global Menu? I was able to make it transparent. Here's the rule I used in order to make ALL windows and menus transparent (copied from Animation plugin, ho ho ho):

(type=Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu | Combo | Dialog | ModalDialog | Normal)

Bandit
May 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You meant the menu on Global Menu? I was able to make it transparent. Here's the rule I used in order to make ALL windows and menus transparent (copied from Animation plugin, ho ho ho):

(type=Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu | Combo | Dialog | ModalDialog | Normal)

Hmm, let me try those again. Swore I tried every one there. This time I will add the whole list like you have it.

Thanks,
Joe

That got it working. I swore it tried every type on the list above. IDK.. Guess I am loosing my mind. Any way many thanks Z. - Joe

cthom
May 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
where do i find this in ccsm? i've changed top panel transparency (although it seems to be on or off no matter the value). i'd like to alter menus too...

Frogs Hair
May 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I followed this guide .http://technostripe.com/make-menus-transparent-with-compiz/

cthom
May 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
done :mrgreen: