PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Adobereader enu 9.5.1 pulldown menu issues 12.04

dreamquartz
May 23rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
I don't understand this one.
I installed the deb-version of adobereader 9.5.1 from the Adobe web-site on one computer, and all the pull-down menus are working fine in both the following situations:

open reader and then open a file
open a file by double clicking it

Situation on other computer:
However reader was opened, the pull-down menus were empty, meaning they were there, but no text.
I found a solution, but only for 1. as mentioned above, being: env UBUNTU_MENUPROXY= acroread entered in as command of the Adobe Properties.
When opening a file by double clicking it, the pull-down menus are there, but no text.

Anyone?

MadmanRB
May 23rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
dont use trhe adobe reader plugin, its old and obsolete and you should just open .pdf's with the built in PDF reader in ubuntu

dreamquartz
May 23rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
We have to use it, because of the forms that we create form Adobe Acrobat and receive form others.

So we have no choice in the matter.

Dream

dreamquartz
May 23rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
I don't understand this one.
I installed the deb-version of adobereader 9.5.1 from the Adobe web-site on one computer, and all the pull-down menus are working fine in both the following situations:

open reader and then open a file
open a file by double clicking it

Situation on other computer:
However reader was opened, the pull-down menus were empty, meaning they were there, but no text.
I found a solution, but only for 1. as mentioned above, being: env UBUNTU_MENUPROXY= acroread entered in as command of the Adobe Properties.
When opening a file by double clicking it, the pull-down menus are there, but no text.

Anyone?

Solution found
http://askubuntu.com/questions/73272/how-do-i-disable-the-global-application-menu-in-adobe-reader-9
The only difference with 12.04 is, that the the launcher is located @ : /opt/Abobe/Reader9/bin/.
Therefore: gksudo gedit /opt/Abobe/Reader9/bin/acroread, and follow the rest