PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Timezone appears to be set, but time is 7 hours off

david.karr
May 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'm installing ubuntu 12.04. On the time/date settings, I tried to click on Seattle (where I am), but it only registered Vancouver. I modified the ntp config files to use the north american pool, if that matters. On the time/date dialog, I have "Automatically from the internet" checked.

The time value it shows is 7 hours before the current time.

Another minor issue is that the date it shows is apparently using the non-us format (yy-mm-dd). I'm ok with that last issue if that's the default, but the time being 7 hours off is definitely a problem.

What am I missing?

jadtech
May 23rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
I'm installing ubuntu 12.04. On the time/date settings, I tried to click on Seattle (where I am), but it only registered Vancouver. I modified the ntp config files to use the north american pool, if that matters. On the time/date dialog, I have "Automatically from the internet" checked.

The time value it shows is 7 hours before the current time.

Another minor issue is that the date it shows is apparently using the non-us format (yy-mm-dd). I'm ok with that last issue if that's the default, but the time being 7 hours off is definitely a problem. give or give or take an hour for time changes some places dont have ...

What am I missing?

almost want to say you made a mistake and choose UK english e being set up that might change yy-mm-dd and seatle being in Pacific Time Zone would put you =8 hours off UK london time also off +8 Seoul