PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] usb startup

bjje
May 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I use a usb wireless keyboard-mouse by Logitech which worked well with 11.10 but after upgrade it's not seen on startup. No mouse or keyboard. If I pop out the widget and put it right back it works fine immediately. Do I now need to add something to the startup list?

fantab
May 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
I too use Logitech -Keyboard and Mouse with UNIFIER. Yes, sometimes they don't respond on startup... I just unplug and replug the unifier and its business as usual. I don't know if there is any script that you can run on startup.

I am not too much bothered by it but if you are then use your favorite search engine and hope to find something around... and if you do keep this thread posted.

jdeslip
September 8th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I have this exact same problem with a logitech keyboard with unifying adapter. Did you guys find a solution/workarounds? A script to refresh USB or something?

anewguy
September 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Sometimes these little dudes require a sync before they are recognized. If you do as fantab suggests and just unplug/plug the adapter back in it will go through syncing with the devices again. Sometimes you may have to turn the mouse off/on and then click the left button to wake it up also. Not sure if there really is anything that can be done. I'll do some searching and see if anything looks promising.

EDIT: Forgot......there should also be a little button on the bottom of the mouse and the bottom of the keyboard you can push to sync each back with the transceiver.