PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 12.04 Upgrade Error

bsmithtridium
May 21st, 2012, 07:11 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and was prompted int the Update Manager to upgrade to 12.04. After running a while, it failed with the message

Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/mail/libq/libquvi-scripts/libquvi-scripts_0.4.2.1_all.deb Hash Sum mismatch

After numerous attempts at running apt-get clean, etc. and retrying, I still get the same message.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Bill

gordintoronto
May 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM
Do you know what libquvi-scripts is for? Is the message a warning, or more serious?

I would run Software Sources and remove that ppa.

jadtech
May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Do you know what libquvi-scripts is for? Is the message a warning, or more serious?

I would run Software Sources and remove that ppa.

libquvi-scripts contains the embedded lua scripts that libquvi
uses for parsing the media details

it a collection of scripts for a media player that requires flash

gordintoronto
May 22nd, 2012, 01:40 AM
libquvi-scripts contains the embedded lua scripts that libquvi
uses for parsing the media details

it a collection of scripts for a media player that requires flash

I understand every word you used, but I don't understand how libquvi enhances one's computer usage. I play flash online and offline, but I don't have this package installed.

jadtech
May 22nd, 2012, 01:49 AM
I have no Idea myself oddly I ran across this info in a bug report for this package for arch linux ..
how ever it also comes packaged for mac and windows I gues that speaks volumes about it ..

bsmithtridium
May 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
The thing is, I don't have the quvi package currently installed. And am not given the opportunity in the upgrade manager to prevent it's selection.

bsmithtridium
May 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I tried it again this morning (after many attempts yesterday :)) and it worked. I'm not sure what changed. I'm sure it was nothing on my side, however, all is good now.

Thx.