PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where is the Skype Notification Icon Folder?

travisjkeyes
May 21st, 2012, 02:34 AM
I would like to change the Skype icons in the notification area (system tray). I have done this for Pidgin by going into the folder where those PNG files are stored and swapping them out with other customized images (so I know it is possible to do.)

Does anyone know where the Skype folder which contains the notification area icons is located? If not, do you know another way to change the icons?

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Thank You!

ruza
July 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Is it possible that there is no answer to this? I have tried several icon themes, and none of those changes Skype icon in tray, so I'm willing to do that manually.

I would like to change the Skype icons in the notification area (system tray). I have done this for Pidgin by going into the folder where those PNG files are stored and swapping them out with other customized images (so I know it is possible to do.)

Does anyone know where the Skype folder which contains the notification area icons is located? If not, do you know another way to change the icons?

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Thank You!

Jakin
July 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
This is a question being asked for a long time, im pretty sure that the skype notification icons (seen in the tray) are within the skype binary itself, so changing its icon would be no easy task.
You would need some type of resource editor. :(